I have 4 step girls how can i get them to listen to me

lilteddy

Asked by lilteddy at 11:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Without more information I cant really answer that. The bottom line is it depends how long you have been in their lives and are you trying to be their mother or their friend? At this age they probably are not going to accept you as a "mom" figure. Your best bet is to let them know because you love their father you love them, and that you dont want to be a mom, or take their moms place, but do want to be a trusted adult friend.

Answer by gemgem at 11:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• You and hubby should have rules of the house that you are united on and consequences when the rules are not followed.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Well it really depends on the situation, if you DH is NCP and you recently married him them I really don't think they will
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Stick to the rules you set especially in the beginning. Make sure your husband backs you up when you have to put your foot down, and show them respect. Make sure you are playing the parent role and not the "cool" stepmom.
    BillieHolidae

Answer by BillieHolidae at 7:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• idk sorry your going through this
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 10:15 AM on May. 25, 2011