Do all kids with aspergers have obsessions with things?

Heartshape

Asked by Heartshape at 11:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Kids' Health

• One of the symptoms of Asperger Syndrome is having an intense interest in certain things, so I believe so, yes.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No, ALL children with Asperger do not have an intense interest in things. I know kids with Aspereger's that don't.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Actually it is very common. My son is high functioning Autistic and went through spells of obsession over things. The obsessions always changed or evolved over time. Two of my friends children are also diagnosed with the same disorder and do the same thing.

Answer by gemgem at 11:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Not all but most of them do.My son is very OCD about all kinds of stuff, he is autistic
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I don't know if all children with Aspergers have obsessions or not as not everyone is the same. My child has Aspergers and he does have things that he obsesses over. The obsessions seem to change - zb when he was young he had an obsession for Scooby Doo (watching it on tv/dvd, scooby toys and clothes), then it stopped and now he is back into it again.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My brother has Aspergers and goes through phases of having things he is fixated on as well, but it is changing as he gets older, and his obessions are much less intense now.
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think the word 'obsession' can sometimes be misleading . . . some kids with aspergers are wholly obsessed with certain objects or activities, some simply seem to like some things more than others. It varies from child to child, the spectrum is so vast, no two kids with aspergers are always going to present with the same symptoms or degree to which they exhibit them . . .
    qwietpleez

Answer by qwietpleez at 10:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I cant tell you because I an not a doctor but you should ask a doctor and get closer to god well this is all goodby
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• ???
    Heartshape

Comment by Heartshape (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Apr. 11, 2011