How come he stopped using the potty?

My 2 year old son has been potty trained for about a month. He is soooo good about using the potty, but up until a few weeks ago he stopped making poo poo in the potty. He's not having accidents because he hides when he poops, he says he can't go in the potty because the potty is only for making pee pee. I don't know where he got that idea. How do I help him to go in the potty again?

MsMonkey

Asked by MsMonkey at 9:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Kids can be so funny. I am sure you've tried to explain to him that its not only for pee pee but maybe right now he could use a big potty for the pee and have a little potty chair for the poop? or vice versa depending on what you are doing? 2 is pretty early though - good job
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I bought my 2 year old so nthe Elmo Potty Time DVD. It is really good about explaining you go pee pee and poo poo in the potty. He listens to it, and repeats what Elmo sayseven though we have not been successfull yet!
    hotmama247

Answer by hotmama247 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2008