Picky eater...

So my 11 month old is definitely a picky eater. Don't know how or when this started but one day he loves it, the next day no way. It gets really exhausting constantly making and throwing out food. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or at least someone to tell me this is normal :) We've tried seasoning, no seasoninng. Cooking everything a variety of ways. He seems to just always want chicken and cheese...lol. Doesn't matter the type of cheese, melted or not. And before you say put cheese on veggies...he picks it off :) Smartie.

Sarahbeth7

Asked by Sarahbeth7 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He is learning what he likes and doesn't like. Keep offering the foods in SMALL portions and let him get used to what he likes and doesn't like. He is a BABY and has to get used to all the different tastes and textures and it takes atleast 10-15 tries of a food for a child to determine what he likes or doesn't like. NO BABY is a picky eater.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yep, I've read that . And definitely understand he is a baby....
    Sarahbeth7

Comment by Sarahbeth7 (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Just keep offering food a little at a time. Dont stop offering something because he seems like he doesn't like it. I have a picky 3 year old... She would live off chicken nuggets if I let her. My 18 month old will eat anything! It's a mission to find something she doesn't like.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Keep offering a variety. if he eats, fine. If not, he will at another meal. He will not starve. Don't make it a battle and don't jump through hoops cooking all different things for one meal
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My daughter is 2 years old and she is the same way one minute she loves it and the next minute she wants nothing to do with it. She is a very picky eater right now. But before that she was not like that at all. She would eat anything and everything. I think its just a phase they go through and he would get past that.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• he is learning what he likes and doesn't like just keep offering different things and eventually he will eat more
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011