Mackenzie :: Week three in NICU

Mackenzie is doing amazingly. She is now at 3lbs 7oz!!!! Daddy says to keep fattening her up. She has no more tube in the nose for eating. She is stricktly on bottle feedings!!! anywhere from 27-30cc depending how hungry she is. She is still a peanut. next measurment is tomorrow on her 3 week bday...... I have been here with her everyday but two. I feel guilty for leaving to do anything. She passed her eye exam last week, did not pass her hearing yesterday. But there is one more done before discharge. She is doing great but still has disibilities we may not see right away, possibly till she hits 2. we just wont know.. but this is the update for the week.... I been emotional cause im stuck with no car, yet i leave and feel  guilty. have so many life issues tring to keep out of the way.. but im just happy she is excelling!!!!!!!!!!  My baby girl ROCKS

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 11:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• AWE! She is beautiful! Congrats! Sending much love hugs and prayers!!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2011

• happy

camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Your an AMAZING mommy and ur little one is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I Love her name (my 4 yr olds name is Mackenize)

Sending prayers and hugs your way :)
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• You will be glad you stayed with her. I would feel guilty leaving too. Deal with the rest of the world later...focus on your beautiful baby for now. She is coming right along. I am so happy and relieved for you!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Congrats. On your baby and that she's doing better.
    MaryanneMac

Answer by MaryanneMac at 12:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have been in your shoes and reading your story brings me back! Focus on her and to hell with everything else. Best of luck to you all ... my heart and my prayers and my well wishes are with you all!
    Anonymous

• I am praying for you.. I am glad to see she is doing better!!! And she is absolutly beautiful!!!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• She is beautiful congrats
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 2:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• So happy to know she is progressing. I was worried for a little there. I'm glad your doing fine, bless the two of you :)
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011