Ectopic Pregnancy

Would an ectopic pregnancy cause you to get alternating conflicting results on an HPT? Positive one day, negative the next, positive again, then negative, etc. all with FMU?

Missalissa86

Asked by Missalissa86 at 12:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Pregnancy hormones DO NOT increase like they should with an ectopic. I know. I had one. I had to have emergency surgery. The Dr told me the reason my urine tests were not registering was because hormones were not doubling in the way they should have been. Increase? That is mixed, sometimes they do, some times they dont. Either way by the time they do register in a urine test it is usually too late. Just be careful like I said. I would go to the doctor and get a blood test and an ultrasound either way.

Answer by gemgem at 12:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Honey, I'm not trying to be rude or anything. So please don't take this wrong. I notice you are posting a lot of pregnancy questions the last week or so. Every day. If you are concerned for your health or pregnancy, please go get medical attention. Get an ultrasound, get some blood work. We really can't tell you anything here. Best wishes.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• That I am not sure about. I had one and I could never get a positive test, we had to find out I was pregnant through a blood test. I would consult your doctor as soon as possible if you suspect an ectopic.

Answer by gemgem at 12:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No....pregnancy hormones increase when you are pregnant with a normal or ectopic pregnancy. It's best not to test every day, at least wait a week before your next test. Or get a blood test.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm not having severe pain or bleeding I just keep getting back and forth results. I am about 3-4 days before my expected AF (began testing about 7 days before AF was due) which I thought was messing with the tests, but if they were all taken with FMU I don't think that would be the case. I think I will wait until the rain stops and try to make it into the ER for some bloodwork and maybe an ultrasound. TY! :)
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I don't think so...I would have a dr. do an ultrasound as soon as you can.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 12:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• You're very right Music! I am a Cafemom addict lol! I am trying to put off going in unless it is an absolute emergency because my DH hates it when I go in to be seen. We usually end up fighting about it for a while.
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Well waiting until something is an absolute emergency can wind up costing you more money in the long run. Just go in, it's your health, don't mess with it. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Ok I promise this is the last post I will make about pregnancy....well pertaining to me specifically anyways. If I make any more posts about my situation it will an update about the end result so that any other women who go through something similiar to this will know how it ended up. Maybe give a few other women a better idea of where their situation could be headed. Thank you everybody for all the answers!! I really appreciate it! :)
    Missalissa86

Comment by Missalissa86 (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011