Dang it! why isnt hubby home right now?

My husband has been waiting to feel baby move and is starting to get upset about it because he is deploying in two weeks and hasn't felt any baby kicks yet. He is off doing funeral duty today. I laid down on the couch and way playing with my tummy and BOOM baby kicks and I could actually see it. Dang it! I wanted my husband to be home for this. do I suprise him and let him think he felt baby move on the outside of my tummy first or do I tell him?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i would act like it didn't happen and let him feel it for the "first" time their is gonna be so many things that he's gonna miss being deployed doing this one thing for him would be nice
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 12:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• That is what I was thinking. He is really upset he is going to miss the birth and the 4 months. It is tearing him apart. He actually begged the ultrasound tech to do my 20 week ultrasound a little early so he could see the baby before he leaves. She said she would go ahead a do it at 19 weeks and she will look for gender as well (they don't actually do that here, they do the 20 week ultrasound and do another one at 24 weeks to look for gender) it was so nice of her to do this for us.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yeah just surprise him
    When he gets home hug him well as well as you can and have him feel it kick then act shocked
    GuidetteInLove

Answer by GuidetteInLove at 12:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would let him think it's the first time.
    MaryanneMac

Answer by MaryanneMac at 12:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• did they find out the gender? if not when you do their is a organization called miss your voice that will send him an awesome package letting him now what the gender is and by the way they do TONS of other great packages too. they are on facebook. you hadn't said wether or not he got to see so i thought i'd mention this to you!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 1:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would let when it happens with him seem like its the 1st time.
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011