Stomach virus, how long should we wait before visiting my new neice?

I have a little neice born this past Wednesday, we planned to visit in the hospital, but my son ended up coming down with a stomach bug that night (so 2 days ago) I got it but not as bad the next day, and my daughter just got it yesterday afternoon but is doing great today, doesnt seem to be bothering her much other then not wanting to eat too much. My son is pretty much symptom free. I just wanted to know how long we should wait after this is all done with before going and visiting, we are all very excited to meet the baby, but needless to say do not want to be bringing this icky virus along with us. We are planning on waiting at least until Monday or Tuesday, but do you think that is long enough, or should we wait longer?

-LovingMamma-

Asked by -LovingMamma- at 12:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Health

• I would wait at least 4 or 5 days past your DD getting sick just to make sure you aren't caring it but showing mo symptoms yet. If everyone is symptom free in a few days go visit.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't go until everyone in the house has been feeling well & symptom free for a week. When my new neice was born in February, we didn't get to go meet her til she was over a month old because we kept passing stuff around.
    Anonymous