Help! Need a recipe!

My spice cabinet is low and I have to make this roast chicken tonight! I have Thyme, Sage, Garlic Powder, Basil, Oregano, Bay leaves, Parsley, lemon juice, and of course kosher salt and pepper. anyone have any ideas? need it in the oven by 2:00.

MamaStuart

Asked by MamaStuart at 12:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• A whole Chicken? Salt the inside cavity, pour oil on the outside, then put garlic powder all over the inside and out, ass papper, parsley, oregano and some Thyme. Cover and roast in oven then uncover the last 20 minutes of baking to crisp up the skin. The bird is done when the juices from the cavity run our clear. Cook at 350-375 about 1 hour 45 min's
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Bay leaves, lemon juice, salt and pepper doesn't sound too bad. Do you have olive oil to make a baste with it?
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 12:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would mix the thyme, Sage, Garlic Powder, Basil and Oregano as a rub and rub it all into the skin of the chicken. Maybe add some parsley too. But now I really like vbruno's idea better.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• mix it all together and cover the chicken
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011