How many clothes is too many?

I'm pulling out all my kids spring/summer clothes. I buy ahead on clearance and I've saved some of my older son's clothes for my younger son plus bought a lot more for my younger son. Both my older son and daughter have things from last year that will still fit. It's a lot and probably way too much, but I like everything. At what point do you think it's ridiculous and just way too much?

mybella81

Asked by mybella81 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I never think its too much. My kids have alot of clothes as well and I keep them all until they outgrow them.

Answer by gemgem at 12:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If you can afford it, then do it. I don't think kids can really have too many clothes, as long as they get use out of them.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When I run out of room, then I know it's too much.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thanks for making me not feel so bad :) My kids have probably 30-40 outfits each (maybe not outfits, they have more tops than bottoms) but my husband thinks it's ridiculous and was teasing my son saying "you better enjoy wearing that shirt today because you're only going to get to wear it 3 more times" Everything fits in their drawers though and money isn't an issue because I buy most things for pretty cheap and am able to resell most of them later and make a lot of my money back, at least things that I'm not saving for another kid.
    mybella81

Comment by mybella81 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My SO says the same thing. Our daughter has a lot of clothes. And whenn she outgrows them, i give them to my friends who have kids that fit them. So anytime he says that I remind him that not only will our daughter wear them, but her little friends London, Alyssa, and kylie will wear them too.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 1:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i get rid of them when they get too small or tired looking (washed soo many times its fading or has a stain or rip) then i donoate what we no longer need.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my kids always have a ton of clothes because of the clearances and then I volunteer at a thrift store where I end up keeping alot of the clothes I unpack from donations. I would say there's several dozen pants and 30 to 40 shirts of different types and jammies he's good on as well
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think the same way its never too much. I have alot of clothes for my daughter I buy her summer/spring clothes when they go on clearance same with winter/fall but what I do is get a bigger size than what she is so I dont have to buy her that size next time. I wait to she outgrows her clothes and get rid of them and make room for her new clothes.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2011