I hate it when it's quiet!

I grew up in a large family and it was always loud.So now when it's quiet I can't stand it. It makes me want to take a nap. Don't get me wrong I love "me" time but I have to have the radio or TV on.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I grew up in a house with 10 kids on a highway. Even as an adult we have always lived along a main road. I can't concentrate without some noise...like a tv or a radio going. And at night, even after living where we do for the last 6 years, I still haven't gotten used to the dead silence at night. I am used to the traffic, so when it is quiet like this, I hear every little thing all night and it drives me nuts!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I like it both ways, I like it when the kids have friends over and it's loud and everyone is having fun but there are times where I love the quiet....right now I would really give my right arm for a day of quiet
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 2:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Not me. I grew up in a noisy home and I LOVE the peace and quiet of being alone.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have 4 loud kids and I relish the little quiet time I get.
    Anonymous

• Most people love it, I get that. For me I prefer noise that's several decimals below screaming toddler. i just don't like it to be completely quiet. like right now DS is in bed and I have the radio going.

Liamsmom09

Comment by Liamsmom09 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i hate it too.. even when i sleep i need a fan or something
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• im the same way when i was still living with my mom i had my parents fighting and my sister talking 24/7 even in her sleep now its very quiet even when he kids are here and all awake
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011