Does anyone else have awful nightmares while pregnant?

EVERY time I have been pregnant, I have had terrible dreams for the duration of my pregnancies. Every single night. Within a week of giving birth, it stops.

Does anyone else go through this? Is it pretty much the same?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I get awful nightmares even when Im not preggo, but when I was they were some of the MOST bizzar and vivid dreams.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I had horrible nightmares while I was pregnant
    MaryanneMac

Answer by MaryanneMac at 1:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• With my first DS I didn't usually have nightmares, but my dreams were very vivid. With second DS I had a ALOT of nightmares. I had one recurring nightmare that I would have at least once a week. I would have the baby right there in my house. He was very very small and my mom would take the baby to the kitchen and get a knife to cut the umbilical chord, but would accidentally cut off the baby's head instead. It was the most terrible thing and I would wake up and cry uncontrollably for about an hour each time.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• that's awful missalissa...a lot of mine are about something terrible happening to one of my children, the new baby, or someone else's baby/child.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• with my first 2 (girls) I didn't have any symptoms or any kind of weird dreams. This time I have had all the pregnancy symptoms and the weird dreamsw so I thought for sure it was a boy, but it is another girl. Anyway I keep having dreams about my dh cheating on me which I know he wouldn't do that, but I keep having them along with sex dreams with my dh if that makes sense first the cheating then the sex dreams lol. Then I have been having dreams that my house is hunted and me getting shot the last one was about some guy at my door and when I opened it he stabbed me in the belly with a knife. I been having some weird and scary dream can't wait until they stop I actually think they are real until I wake up from them
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It is so scary! They do feel so real why you are having them! I use to have similiar dreams 5409. I would dream that I caught my DH cheating on me (actually right in the act!) then we would be having sex all of a sudden. Sometimes I would dream that we were fooling around then he would look up at me and all of a sudden it would be someone else. A friend or and ex or even sometimes some random woman! Pregnant dreams are so weird! Everytime I tell my DH about one of my dreams he just shakes his head with a dropped jaw looking at me like I just told him the sky is purple or something! lol
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• With my first, I used to have a dream almost nightly, that I gave birth to 3 very little babies that I kept in my pocket. They were not preemie or anything, just the size of doll house babies. It was really weird.
    RISE_N_SHINE

Answer by RISE_N_SHINE at 2:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• lol i use to get that way
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Ya, I've gotten horrible dreams will all my pregancies, and I'm in my 3rd pregnancy right now...I wake up crying some nights
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 2:38 AM on Apr. 10, 2011