Is it possible to get in a good mood

I am just so irritated today. my 6 yr old got up early and destroyed the house, he changed back into yesterday's clothes because he likes what he was wearing yesterday ( only a boy )...
He's been talking non stop, even when I am in the bathroom he stands on the other side talking
It's a nice day and would really like to be in a better mood and be happy for him and for me.

So how does one go from crabby to happy?

alotleft2do

Asked by alotleft2do at 1:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Distract yourself from your mood. Take the kid outside and play with him. Its hard to stay in a bad mood when your doing something like being outside with your child and giving them the attention they crave and need.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Put on some music listen to you tube here is a good song Dynamyte by Taio Cruz good mood builder listen to it loud it will make your mood better and you might want to dance as well!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Change your scenery. If you are at home get up and take him to the park and tell yourself first of all it is going to be a better day. Usually when I start having a bad day I stop what I am doing and do something else.

Answer by gemgem at 1:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Take him somewhere he can play and interect with other kids. Then all the focus isn't all on you. Go to the park, he can play and you can enjoy the nice weather.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• there's still quite a bit of snow around the park and in the yard, no playing outside but we could just go around town and walk the sidewalks or playplace at Mcdonalds
    alotleft2do

Comment by alotleft2do (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It is possible, with some work. First, you need to make a conscious effort to get into a better mood. Maybe go outside and have a snowball fight? or make snow angels? or a snowman? Indoor playplace at your local mall, if you have one?

You can do it Momma!

1.....2......3.....I will not kill my kids.....4......5......6.....I will not kill my kids....7.....8.....9....This isn't working.....10......yeah, I've been there, but with 2 kids climbing the walls/stir crazy/cabin fever.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When you find out let me know.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011