Do you ever feel jealous of people that are carefree and do whatever they want?

I do and it seems rediculous. I was never one to go out and party or ask people for things. I just feel terrible when I see how hard I've worked to get where I am and then see people with more who didn't do anything on their own. I didn't have much help and guess it should mean more that I did it on my own...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• No, I'm not. I made my choices and my life. Believe me the grass always seems greener on the other side. I've done a lot of going out in my life and it's not all it's cracked up to be.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No I dont. I have had people be jealous of me though because I come from a family with alot of money. I have worked though for the things I happen to have now, but there is alot of misconception out there about people who come from wealthy families. Almost every other kid I knew growing up whose families were like mine were also not handed things on a silver platter. You really have no idea what goes on behind closed doors unless you are there. So even though it might SEEM like people are handed things, more often than not they arent.

Answer by gemgem at 1:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I agree. Sometimes it makes me jealous, but then I look at my wonderful family and feel truly happy in way I never was when I was single and doing whatever I wanted.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I know at the end of the day I earned it and I care about it but I also try to have fun in my life its too short to spend thinking about others.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I just love my life and family.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm feeling something similar today. Not so much jealous, but just tired of it. I work so hard and I'm finally where I wanted to be financiall. Now my ex husband has done something that could set me back worse than when I first left him and paying bills was a difficult balancing act.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope, never. Karma or the universe will get those types of people sooner or later. Life is to short to be worrying what others have or do with their lives. You cant clime the ladder of success if your to busy looking at how other people are climbing and being envious of them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I am fortunate enough to have had my carefree "wreckless" time before I had children so it was well out of my system. When I decided I wanted to settle down and have my babies...I was at a place in my life where I relished the lifestyle of "domestic goddess".

I don't feel jealous, but then again, I had my opportunity, so I don't miss it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011