What do you think of......

sending a pic of your daughter to a modeling agency. They do not want you to put makeup on the child or anything. Everyone tells me I should. Wanting some opinions Please.

momoftaterbug

Asked by momoftaterbug at 1:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Never hurts to try, but be VERY warry of any agency that comes back asking you to put out thousands of dollars on a professional photo shoot. There are ALLOT of scam modeling agency's doing this today and they target gullible Moms who are led to believe if they put out this $$ for a pro shoot their kid will be a professional model.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Is this a legit modeling agency? I would seriously look into that before I sent pics of my DD. You don't know who those people are or what they are doing with your DD's pictures.

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My opinion is that it's up to YOU.  If you want to, go ahead!  If you don't really want to but other people tell you to, then don't.  It's your kid.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i am on the fence about this i think some of these people push these little ones WAY too far and half the time the kids don't want to do it. it's more about the mother living thru the child if you are doing this just to see if she could be a model and are not gonna become one of those crazy ladies we see on t.v. then go for it! but keep it fun for her!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 1:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I agree with everyone...make SURE they are legit, and keep it fun for the BOTH of ya ;)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I assume they are looking for natural beauty first so they don't want makeup on her. I would do as they ask so they do not see a difference if this goes forward.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i wouldnt, but if i did i'd make sure they were legit and make a contract before sending about the photo's rights
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• well you could put a little make up for grils only they do ask you to put some make up on her I am telling you because I am a hairstylist thats why I am telling you well this is all need some help just get in touch by and god bless you and child
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm not for it. I think kids should be kids but that's my own opinion.
    toykeymama

Answer by toykeymama at 8:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I agree with most of the moms here Make sure its real and then if you want to go for it..
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011