What was the HARDEST time of your life? adult content

Any time where you were just so devastated and didn't see an end to the pain in sight. This is where I'm at, and I'm struggling to believe that things will get better. I feel like a zombie. It would just be nice to know other people have been there too, and that their families came out okay.

CollegeMommy121

Asked by CollegeMommy121 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Being accused of harming our baby. We had to go through lie detector test to prove our innocence.
    Just take one day at a time, heck one minute at a time. It does get better.
    It's been 14 years, and it still haunts me, but it does get better *hugs*
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 1:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When I found out my ex was cheating and he took off with my son. I found out then he was not paying the mortgage either, and we were homeless within a couple of weeks. He moved in with his mistress and I had to go to court to get custody of my son, then deal with Missing and Exploited children. My mom and dad let me go homeless for whatever reason (I got myself in the mess so they didnt feel the need to help me). Its been 10 yrs and I have to say my life is better then I ever imagined it could be. I am remarried to a wonderful man. I have a family because of him who loves me and accepts me for all the good bad and ugly. I know now if I had not gone through that horrible time I would not be where I am now.

Answer by gemgem at 1:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I lost two of my children. One at 10 years and one at 27. It does not get better, but it gets easier to control and deal with the pain.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• The last few months that led up to my total hip replacement 3 years ago. The pain was so bad, I told DH if that leg had a voice, it would have been screaming at the top of it's lungs 24/7! I had basically become a recluse. Couldn't do anything for myself. DH had to lift me off the couch at night, put me in my wheelchair, and then lift me onto the bed, cause my leg wouldn't work. But, I trusted in God. He led me to the doctor who found my problem,and after my hip replacement, I have had no more problems with it. It was a long haul, but looking back, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, because it taught me to rely on God, and that He does know best for me. I really hope things improve for you.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When my Mom died suddenly 3 years ago and I had to stay with my Father for 3 months and help him learn how to do for himself as my Mom had done all the bills and cleaning and shopping. Neither of my sisters were willing to even try and help him. Going through my own profound grief was hard enough but trying to deal with Dad's and him loosing Mom who he was married to for 47 years was beyond anything I thought I could handle. Trying to teach an adult how to pay bills and balance a check book I thought I would go crazy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When my son had cancer and I lost my house i was leasing to own because of credit problems and my job everything got real bleak I had to get on public assistance. I know it gets better my son is 17 and in remission for ten years. Just hold on pace yourself and live.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When my mother accused me of doing drugs, tried to take my daughter-I lived with her in a different state than where I am from. She physically attacked me and I defended myself without attacking back but because my stepdad did not see-he thought I hit my mom, called the cops on me. Yeah-it was the first time I had ever experienced an anxiety attack and now I get them all the time. I had 3 days to get out, luckily I had money and a place to stay and had already planned to leave anyway.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• at the moment I am technically homeless, I left my abusive ex.... on top of that I am sick, I know the feeling..... *hugs*
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Oh tootoo I'm so sorry....
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I know that everyone has been at a spot in their life where they couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Some cases are worse than others. However, if you feel like you've hit rock bottom, and you know if you have....there is only one place to go girly....that's up.

I hope things get better for you.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2011