Im so confused my 18 yr old is leaving to college in san francisco and she wants me to go up there and live with her , its cuz i m always dealing with my other four kids problems and she dont want to leave me here with the problems but my plans where to go live in las vegas when i turned 50 which is in sept .. so i dont know where to go .. any suggustions ?

frances693

Asked by frances693 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Travel

• There isnt any problem putting off your plans when u have the rest of ur live for ur self
    kasiety.1

Answer by kasiety.1 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Your daughter hasn't had time to transform into an adult yet. She thinks she is going to college and is going to be capable of taking care of you. I would talk to her about how ok you are with living by yourself bc I would be afraid she might leave college to move with you to Vegas. I'm telling you this bc I myself am still young and have attachment issues with my mother and I want you to make sure she stays on her path of college.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 1:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• true but my ex says that im being selfish cuz i would be leaving my grandkids . lol although he is always going to veags ,
    frances693

Comment by frances693 (original poster) at 1:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i know she wont change her mind about collage she is serious about it ,, i dont want her to worry about me
    frances693

Comment by frances693 (original poster) at 1:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I say, go to Vegas...your DD can visit you there! :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• whos in vegas?? i would move by family
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Don't settle anywhere until you know you want to live there. Just visit. Let her settle in college. She may not even like it then she might want to come home or to another college and you are out all that money of moving. I'd go to Vegas and check it out but at our age we have the opportunities to be nomadic and travel around and see what all our options are. Don't listen to your ex. Tell him to live his own life and you need to live yours. It would be a shame to "wake up dead" and missed out on all you want to do in this life bc others tell you not to. You have done your time with the family. Now it's your time. Enjoy

Answer by admckenzie at 2:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Do what you want to. Your daughter needs to start becoming her own person. And you deserve to do whats best for you. And Las Vegas is not so far away.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011