Stupid Slang!!!!

Does anyone else get really annoyed when you are trying to read a question but all the slang makes it almost impossible to understand?
The=Da
My=ma
In=N
Anything plural= S is replaced with Z

Maybe it's just the PMS but with so many of these in the same post it starts to look like jibberish to me and gets under my skin! How does Ma hjuy kjgdye nj da pregnant jhu hufbg bf? translate to "I am having a light period, is that a sign of pregnancy"?......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• People call it slang, call it ghetto, justify it any way they please but this butchering of the English language just kills me!! We spoke slang when we were kids but we also knew how to speak proper English; I don't think that's the case today.
    Anonymous

• LMAO.. I am bad for using cuz, but that's because the character limit for answers is sometimes limiting. I don't like reading questions or answers with lots of slang either!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I totally get the character limit, that makes alot of sense. I just don't know why they would replace a normal english language 3 letter word with a slang 3 letter word. It is the same amount of characters and just doesn't make any sense lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If a post is written in text speak or has a lot of slang I skip.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I grew up in a "bad" neighborhood where we had alot of "gangsters" and "thugs" lol. In that neighborhood if you spoke or wrote like that it was like a ghetto trademark. I was all about it until I realized one day that I was the whitest, most ungangster person in the world. So I accepted that and started using a complete english vocabulary.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• UGH! It drives me crazy as well. Along with the "ghetto" language all the DD, DS, DH, blah blah blah will make me skip a question as well. I saw my nephew's facebook post the other day. He's a freshman in high school and spells Saturday: Saterday. If you call him on his poor spelling and/or grammar you get: I just a kid, I don't know any better. My 7 year old first grader can spell most of the days of the week without hesitation. If that's all the better they can spell/type they need to be failed and retake the class next year or in summer school.

[exit soapbox]

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• lol, feel ya
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• its ignorance. okay, yes i use some slang because its hard to type one handed while nursing my baby... but only for convenience not to sound cool. i do say dd for dear daughter and things like that, and i dont capitalize because its near impossible to reach the let i need while holding down shift one handed lololol. but i hate when people say things like day=they, wit=with, da=the, boi=boy. i mean seriously it doesnt make you look cool, it makes you look stupid and uneducated.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• letter*
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I really don't think it is as cool as some may think it is
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 3:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011