Breastfeeding

Why Do I get a feeling when my boobs are full or not I cant really explain it kinda like they are tight or expanding. Im not sure.. Another Question If I have gas or Diarrhea Will my daughter have the same? from breastfeeding...please email me or on here kasiegregty@yahoo.com

kasiety.1

Asked by kasiety.1 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not really sure what you are asking in the first part of the question, but as for the second it is generally a yes. If something you eat while breastfeeding makes you gassy then it will likely do the same to your daughter. They usually recommend staying away from any gassy foods such as beans, broccoli, and soda for that reason. What you put in your body goes effects your breastmilk. That is the same reason they recommend not smoking or drinking while you are breastfeeding, it can make its way into the breastmilk and therefore into your daughter's system.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When your boobs are hard or firm, and feel like they're gonna pop, it's cuz they are! LOL Not really, but the tightening sensation is a very good indicator that you need to feed or pump for some relief. The longer it's been since the last feeding, the more swollen and tight your breasts will feel. GL
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• when they get tight its because they are full of milk and if you dont pump or feed you'll notice you will leak. and yes if it gives you gas generally it will give baby gas
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• When they feel hard or tight they it usually means that you have to nurse or pump, you probably wouldn't want to wait too long before you nurse or pump so you keep your milk supply coming in. As of the second part of your question, I agree with the previous posts, the doctor will tell you as well, that usually anything that makes you gassy or gives you an upset stomach will also give your baby the same because she's eating your breastmilk. hope the answers helped. Good luck!
    KamilahsLuv

Answer by KamilahsLuv at 5:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011