Hubby threatens to leave me everytime we fight

Almost every time we argue, even about something stupid, my hubby will tell me he is leaving me. Of course he never does, he's just angry but I am so tired of hearin it! If he ever seriously means it I don't know how I would even know because he says it all the damn time. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• My x used to say that for control
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• im with PINKDRAGON36 its a controll thing.. my SO when we fight he says im going to leave (he means go out for the night or take a walk) but one day i told him he pisses me off when he says that and i dont feel that it is appriate to say unless he didnt want to be with me anymore he apologized and i asked y he always says that his response " i dont have anything else on u" meaning ive doen nothing wrong and nothing else bothers me maybe try telling him you dont like that.
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• He is using it as a manipulation tactic. Next time he says it, tell him flat out, "say it again, and I'll pack your crap for you." Then if he says it, pack his crap and tell him to give you a call when he grows the hell up.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm with daughteroftruth on this one. Either that or get into couples counseling stat!

KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 2:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Here is the probably reason he says this: Whenever you are unhappy with him, he feels even more insecure than he normally does. What he wants to hear from you when he threatens to leave is that you couldn't live without him and you want him to stay. Do you ever tell him that when you're not arguing? Or do you consider that a sign of weakness? Men love to hear that they are needed in the lives of their wives, and if you told him that more often when you weren't arguing, you probably wouldn't argue as much, and when you did argue, he probably wouldn't be threatening to leave. It may be an immature way to make a point, but it's probably the only way he knows to make it. If I were you, I'd try telling him that I wouldn't want to have to live without him, and see if it makes just a tiny bit of difference. Everybody needs to hear that they are wanted and special, and that includes husbands!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Sounds very immature and like a control freak to me.  No way I'd put up with that shit.  You didn't know he was manipulative when you married?

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Tell him to quit wasting your time and do it if he wants to that bad. You don't need a man always running away, you need one that will talk to you about your problems not run from them. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• id just tell his ass to go.. i went through this with my ex and finally i was like thank god u know where the door is.. well thats now why we broke up lol but he realized it didnt bother me andhe quit saying it
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• leave HIM.. he has no love or respect for you
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I agree with telling him you'll pack his stuff for him. He needs to grow up.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011