What is one thing that every mom know?

I want to know anything and everything... to be a better mom to my son Zavier

zavsmom829

Asked by zavsmom829 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• A better question would be what piece of advice can you give me that you learned After becoming a Mommy. And I would answer, that having a baby means HAVING to make sacrifices with sleep, your time and all your money so the baby has what it needs. That includes you never getting a night out with friends to go clubbing, you always having to do everything because men today refuse to be an equal partner. You rarely if ever getting new purse, shoes or cloths because the baby will always be needing new stuff for how fast they grow. Teach your kid's values, morals and right from wrong. Being a Mom is a thankless job, but the rewards of seeing you kid graduate college and become a productive member of society and stand strongly on their own, not relying on your or living with you when they are in their 20's is SO worth ALL the effort you put out for the first 18 years.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm in the same boat, my son is only 19 days but I feel I'm failing my son Darrius. When I expressed my concerns to my family and friends, they told me the best treatement to give the baby is love and affection. There are going to continue to be challanges throughout the years and when we feel that we need help just continue to seek help and there will be answers. Our children love us and they don't think we're horrible at all :)
    shenellsims88

Answer by shenellsims88 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If you have a baby boy you will get peed on LOL thats the first thing i learned
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I got peed on when daddy cut the cord... pooped on that same week and even thrown up on. But my son is now 7 months old and crawling and pulling up on stuff. I know I am a great mom but everyday he seems to learn something new.
    zavsmom829

Comment by zavsmom829 (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• You have to know how to pick and choose your battles. That is one little piece I never got and wish I had.

Answer by gemgem at 2:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• you'll learn as you go a lot of the times.. you learn when they get hungry cries vs I am wet cries, you'll learn when they just don't feel good simply by expression or sounds.. and your doctor/peditrician will help you a long with milestones etc. If you go to babycenter.com they also have a week by week info newsletter to help guide you along as well.

best advice.. try to stay calm and loving but firm with discipline when they are older. Hitting and yelling will only make most situations worse rather than helping them to learn to properly behave. Trust me, it may not help now, but when they are in the treacherous three's.. it will! lol. (no I was never a spanker, but definitely could yell sometimes with some thing like coloring on the wall, but the calmer I am about just putting her in time out the more she respects and listens to me)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011