Is this normal??? a bit tmi adult content

ok so two things one is.

When you have braxton hicks can 2/3 of your uterus get hard and the small portion stay fairly soft ? Ive been having some bh and they hurt but not too bad but most not all gets hard as a rock is this ok or is something wrong or could it just be that hes pushing against that side ?Im 27 weeks 2 days

and question # two

I know your not supposed to check your cervix yourself but I had alot of pain while going pee, sharp pain so I put a finger in and I felt my cervix about an inch from the out side of my vagina and it was pretty loose around my finger I couldn't put my finger all the way because I didnt want to start anything up if it hasn't already. (btw I have been shown by a doctor how to find and check my cervix and my cervix about a month ago was tight around my finger and hard now its loose and soft)

Im currently between doctors so if anyone has any idea it would be great there wasnt any blood but ive been having pain and bh for a few days now that have been quite uncomfortable. Sorry for the tmi

mommyof0210

Asked by mommyof0210 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That's how my BH are right now and I'm 27 weeks, 1 day =) I don't think you have too much to worry about right now. As long as the BH aren't regular or you aren't having 4 or more in an hour, you should be fine. If you feel like it may be more than that and something may be wrong it might be a good idea to take a trip to the ER or at least call and talk to a nurse.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would go in to an ER or Urgent Care and get checked right away. Every woman is different but in my experience BH never caused my stomach to tighten up or get hard. That paired with the fact that your cervix feels loose and soft could be a sign of early labor. It is possible that everything is normal and fine, but to be on the safe side I would go in to be checked. It is a bit of a hassle but it is better than getting so far into preterm labor that it can't be stopped and you put your baby in danger. Even at this point in your pregnancy early labor is very possible. I began going into preterm labor with my first DS at 18 weeks and continued to have preterm labor at least every four weeks after that right up until I delivered at 37 weeks. I was slowly softening and dilating a little bit each time (they would stop it with tributeline) and was fully effaced and 2cm dilated right before the last (real) labor began.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• FYI- it's safer, and you have less risk of infection if you check your cervix yourself.

As far as BH go, if you hydrate and become inactive, they should go away. I had weird BH ctx with my 2nd and 3rd. But if you feel that it is not stopping, or your pain level increases, you should call your OB's nurse line, or go into the ER. You're just barely past a point of viability, and everything possible should be done to stop preterm labor if it begins.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Your cervix is only an inch inside?? That does not sound right. I was 2 cm dialated at 26 weeks. They said that it is no big deal and that a lot of women dilate some early.
    RISE_N_SHINE

Answer by RISE_N_SHINE at 2:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• sounds more like a tract infection or something along those lines..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011