Would you wait..??

..To make dinner if DH got out of work at 830 and kids usually went to bed at 8?

DH gets upset when I don't make enough for him or if I put his plate in the fridge til he gets home. I usually make dinner and have it ready by 5pm every day. That's how I was raised. I don't believe in leaving food out for that long even in the microwave.. it's just gross. I also won't leave food on my stove, because I like to do my dishes before I go to bed.. or at least have them rinsed out.
He has tv dinners and stuff he can heat up when he gets home in the freezer, but I feel bad if he eats that stuff 5 nights a week. But I don't want to make the kids wait to eat and go to bed later. Nor do I want to make two dinners every day.

What can I do to make dinner easier on him and us without upsetting anyone??

bdflykisses

Asked by bdflykisses at 2:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Ok, so make one dinner....put his in the fridge and if he can't warm it up when he gets home,
    the just warm it up for him right before he normally walks in the door.

Win, Win situation.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Hah! I like your idea ItsJustMe1017! I don't think he'd ever know the difference..

I am a SAHM and am on the go constantly with the kids.. That's why I go to bed early. I also like to eat MY dinner at a reasonable time.
    bdflykisses

Comment by bdflykisses (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• tough one.. your kids are small so cooking later would not be good. cooking two meals would be expensive and tough on you.. Keep saving his plate or tell him to get different hours at work if it was possible.. I don't have an easy answer for ya on this one..maybe some of the other moms will..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2011