Does anyone else binge when bored? How to stop this madness????

Asked by got2boyztoo at 2:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• no, but I don't let myself get bored or it would be easy to do.

Answer by Mrsorr at 2:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes! i hate it but I can't seem to control it! But like Mrsorr said, they key is probably to KEEP BUSY!

Answer by MommyKKay at 3:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I try not too but yes, I do. I need better hobbies.

Answer by Marix3 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I do and stopped buying junk food and if I want to snack there's a lb of strawberries in the fridge instead of cheetos so I am making small changes

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I used to But now I make sure I have something to do or find something to do

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I used to. I still have to stop myself. I now have rules for myself, like no eating in front of the TV, portion out stuff rather than eat from the package, eat all meals at the table, do nothing else while eating, consider whether you're hungry, or just bored/tired/thirsty/etc. Keep busy, and find something else to do. Plan your meals and snacks, and eat according to that, strictly.

Answer by musicpisces at 1:31 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Make it a rule to only eat when you're seated at the kitchen table. No TV during meals. Reading is fine. But sitting down and taking the time to enjoy your meal without distractions is very satisfying.

Never eat while on the go. Better to eat inside a fast food restaurant and take your time than choke down a burger while driving.

If you eat out of boredom, simply find ways to avoid your boredom. If you're bored, go on a walk. Read a book. Participate in a hobby of yours. Start a new hobby. Do housework. There are so many things to do.

Answer by Mousuke at 7:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2011