So I need a hobby...

Does anyone have a SO that is "ALWAYS" on the computer? I guess I need to learn how to "co-exist", or spend time with together, without spending time together, but that didn't make sense to me until someone told me that's mostly how it goes when you're married. That just doesn't make sense. I wish my SO and I did things together but he won't do anything. We used to go out or go somewhere at least and hang out, but not anymore. I need a hobby, but I have no idea what I should do. My life is not the same since we've recently had a baby. Any know what I'm talking about, any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• I just bought a sewing machine and have found it quit fun. Although I haven't made anything, I am enjoying sewing material together and trying. I also, like to find new cooking receipes. I also love SCRAPBOOKING, although a bit behind. lol it happens

racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 9:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• ive been doing puzzles like CRAZZZZZY.
    Anonymous

• Scrapbooking. It's fun and for me it's stress release. There is crochet if you want to learn how to do that, some moms do photography. There is knitting, sewing, needlepoint. That is all that I can think of.
    autumns_mom22

Answer by autumns_mom22 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I like scrapbooking also. I also like taking pictures. During my spare time I find things and take pictures of them, post them on Ebay and sell them. If you had the money i'd highly recomend the Wii fit board. It's fun and you get a work out.
    Anonymous

• GET INTO PHOTOGRAPHY . GET A GOOD COPIER TOO. THEN MAYBE YOU GUYS COULD WORK ON THE COMPUTER TOGETHER PRINTING PICTURES AND MAKING GIFTS ETC. MAKE PICTURE DVDS FOR FAMILY ETC .
    ARMYMOM269

Answer by ARMYMOM269 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• marriage doesnt have to be like that he should still spend some time wtih u. my husband spends hours on the computer but even when he does, i sit on the couch next to him and cuddle up while i wtch tv. i made a joke about if the laptop broke he would have to spend his nights in the guest room with the desktop, and he said i would hvae to come im there too cuz he has to spend time with me even when hes doing someting else. we also go out to eat occasionally and go grocery shopping together sometimes. i dont know how it iwll change when the baby comes but u both have to make an effort to spend time together
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Marriage is not necessarily like that. I know plenty of couples that always do things together. My SO and I spend a lot of time together, but we definitely have our own things that we do, either on our own or me with my girlfriends or him with his buddies. I think it is healthy to have a balance. I think you should definitely find a good hobby, a workout class, or a shopping buddy or something. But make a point to plan some fun things that you and DH can do together, even if its once a week, like date night.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• scrapbooking, reading, puzzles, video games on the TV while he's on the computer? My SO plays xbox360 and i get on the computer most of the time. So we are sitting here beside each other kind of spending time together, but doing seperate things. It took me a while to adjust, but it's getting better. Try having a date night once in a while too!
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 12:05 AM on Dec. 1, 2008