Am I the only one that is obsessed with having another baby when I know I shouldn't?

OK so I KNOW I can't afford and I don't think my fiance could handle it, but I just can't get out of my head that I want to get pregnant so bad! I have 2 kids already from a previous relationship. He does want one of his own but not for a couple more years! I don't want to wait that long and it's depressing me! :(

Am I the only one?

(I'm not going to trick him into it or anything. We use condoms every time)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have 3 kids and I would LOVE to have another one but financially we can't afford it right now :(
    My youngest is almost 14 months old and she is getting so big, it makes me miss when she was a baby.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I know how ya feel... I have FOUR kids, I had tubal ligation after my third and then 10 years later we became that one in a million who gets pregnant after a tubal.. I am now 42 and sometimes, especially when I see a newborn, I get baby fever so bad it feels like a physical pain. I really think that some of us women were simply MADE to be mothers, that it is our calling in life and we don't feel complete without children. Of course if your husband isn't ready and you can't financially afford it then having a baby isn't a good idea... Maybe you could babysit... maybe spending a little time with someone else's baby will help tide you over until you have another of your own. But yeah, I know how it feels... Good luck :)
    Lorithehun

Answer by Lorithehun at 2:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yeah I think that is part of it too, my youngest is almost 1 1/2 and I miss the infant stage.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I am right there with ya. I can seem to stop think about it even though I know it is wrong. on the other hand my dh had an awesome job when we got pregnant and lost it shortly after we found out. Just go to show you that things can change fast so I am thinking that waiting in my case maybe a mistake. Course I am 38 and I think that has a lot to do with wanting one more before it is too lote for me.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Im right there with ya sister! Im having baby fever like crazy, but i play in a heavy rock band, so i know i cant right now. i know its a good time..i have a 3yr old getting ready for preschool and this kinda where i wanted to be when i had another baby. But i know sooner or later i will have to put the music on hold to put this baby fever to rest. Its gunna be hard, i know, but we all know how rewarding it is in the long run =-)
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Don't do it because he will resent you and the baby and you will be stuck doing everything om your own......you just have to remind yourself that they grow into children and the costs of another child is huge and even at 18 they cost money and college kids still neeed money.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011