Horrible pains

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and have been having horrible lower abdominal pain for the last 20 mins. It almost feels like gas pains. If I'm doubled over its not noticeable but as soon as I sit up straight or stand I'm in agony. With my first pregnancy I had horrible round ligament pain. My hubby had to carry me to the car to take me to the hospital (we didn't know ligament pain could be so severe!) But I can't remember what it felt like.

What else could it be? anyone with this pain before?

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 2:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hmm....is it constant pain or does it come and go?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• if i'm not hunched over I can feel the pain constantly. however, it varies in severity even when I'm standing or sitting straight. Like sometimes i can feel it and its uncomfortable and other times it takes my breath away.
    bootsky

Comment by bootsky (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• im wondering if its your body stretching and adjusting to being pregnant, because when you are hunched over and stuff the muscles arent stretched out as much. when you are standing or sitting straight then the muscles get spread out further causing more and more pain. if it keeps getting worse i would call your ob and if it gets to bad maybe go to the ER. how old is your other child?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 2:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thanks susieq, I hope thats all it is! My other child is 2.
    bootsky

Comment by bootsky (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would at least have it checked out. Go to the E.R.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• your welcome, is it feeling any better at all?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My sister used to get pain like that and everytime she went to the ER they told it was normal stretching pains. Our friend had the same pain, went in to be seen, and found out her placenta was detaching from the uterus. It could be nothing to worry about or something very risky or dangerous to you or the baby. I would go in to be seen just in case.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Sounds like gallbladder pain to me. I had it when I was pregnant with my Son. The pain is excruciating then disppears then comes again later or even days later. I ended up having it removed right after he was born. You can have a simple ultrasound done to look for gall stones. Go to the ER they can do the ultrasound there. GL.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i would say call your OB/GYN and ask them what you should do ... if anything go to the ER ... that's just me personally ... GL
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 4:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• are you feeling any better at all? did you go in to get checked out?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2011