Have you ever had an answer removed?

I referred to someone's spouse as an idiot, someone complained, and CafeMom removed my answer.

Asked by rkoloms at 2:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Just for calling someone an idiot? That is pretty extreme! Never happened to me
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope, never have.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Do they tell you when you have an answer removed?? If they don't then I have no idea.. If they do, then no.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• then a lot of people must have downvoted you to have your answer removed, or you said more than just idiot in your reply and/or implied more.

If your answer was removed there was a reason for it, CM doesn't remove answers lightly.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I've read so much worse on here, surprising that CM would react like that. Are you notified of the removal, or did you go back to it and not find it?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I was notified

Comment by rkoloms (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yes. The ablity to downvote has changed things a bit, but for a while some people were "report crazy". If you had enemies and you so much as toed the line as far as the rules were concerned, you were at risk of being deleted.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• The only answers I have had deleted were when I quoted an answer of someone else's that was deleted.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If it is true in your opinion than do not feel bad. But may be you could of said he was not knowledgeable in the issue he was speaking of or physically acting out.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011