Would you let your significant other smoke pot if he/she so desired?

MommyKKay

Asked by MommyKKay at 3:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, my husband makes his own choices. Of course, we discuss those choices and he considers what I have to say. If I perceived a threat of any kind to our daughter, I would take a strong position against it. However, it's rare, only a few times a year that he smokes or drinks anything. He doesn't drives when he does so, he never buys anything, he never has any on his person, and he never brings anything home. I think that's a pretty measured risk to take. I've never heard of the cops busting up someone's bedroom or backyard for less pot than makes up a joint. My kid will never see it and it will never be here. If someone can think of a legal risk with smoking a small amount at a friend's house on an extremely rare occasion (he has done so less than five times in his entire life), I would be willing to reconsider and discuss it with him.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• no and no not even if it was illegal. He can't anyway because his job he has to take a drug test everyonce in a while I think its like once a year
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Yep. I don't care. If it ever found it's way into my house or if it effected his work or if it caused him problems with the law, then I would leave. But he's a big boy. He can do whatever he wants.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• not in my house or anywhere near my kids no. If he's out with his friends by himself, no driving, it's not my business. But anything that could affect my kids or my rights with my children would but a no no.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It really wouldn't bother me if he did. So long as it's kept away from the kids and he's responsible about it. Much rather have a hubby that smokes pot than a drinker.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Absolutely not. Its illegal and what he does also impacts our family. We also don't need to spend $ on it!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I wouldnt want to see, smell, or even no it was happening. It wouldnt be done at or around my house and kids. I would have to have a promise from him that it would never effect our childrens well being or our home. if he could keep the boundries i dont think i would care.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 6:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• "Let him?" First of all, I am not his mother, he can do as he chooses. If he chooses to do something that is ILLEGAL or may stop him paying 100% of his attention to our children while they are in his care (smoking pot or drinking alcohol) then he may not be my HUSBAND anymore. Thank goodness he thinks more of me and our children to do something that selfish.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If I was in a state that it was legal yes...but as it sits it is way to big of a risk for our family
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope, but I doubt he would ever do that seeing he has never even smoked a cigarette or drank before
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2011