MY son is visiting his dad two states away is his Dad supposed to let him call me?

This is the first time he has been to his dads with me in another state b/c we moved last summer . I met his Dad in the middle to drop him off Wednesday and I have not heard from him. I am supposed to get him tommorrow but I don't know when or where b/c his Dads phone goes straight to voice mail. I think maybe he is just trying to make me mad b/c he still hates me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• Please invest in a cell phone for your son. Even if it's just a prepaid temporary phone for when he's away. This is too scary to risk.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You are BRAVE!!!!! I would be scared to death....
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 9:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Do you know were he lives.Have his address. If he doesn't contact you go to his house. Scense you moved out of state. Go back to court about the phoning thing. I wouldn't say anything right now. But after you get you child back tell him he can not take him unless he lets you speak to you child. GL Tell us if he comes home on time

Answer by louise2 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• How old is your son? Is he old enough to let his dad know that he wants to come home? Is this a divorce situation and has custody been established? Do you have an address for your ex? How reliable is he? Sorry for all the questions, but it's just hard to know what to say if I don't know all the info.All I can say is that you are more trusting than I would have been.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 10:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Does he work? Does he have family close by to check on them? If so I would be calling phone numbers! He should have called you by now just so you know your son is okay and when to pick him up. He's just being a jackass apparently. I'm sorry. I hope all is okay.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• he is seven and we have been divorced for six years and he has never been a big part of his life more like an occasional uncle visit. I know where he lives and works.
    tabtabmom

Answer by tabtabmom at 10:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i would absolutely not let him go unless he called home every single day. if he doesnt contact u about picking him up i'd go to his house to get him and say hes never coming again unless u show an effort ot keep me informed
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I don't like that one little bit!!!!!! I would be furious. Do you have any reason to suspect that he is trying to keep your child??? I don't want to create worry, but your childs father CANNOT do that. WTF! If it were me, he would never see him alone AGAIN. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO CONTACT YOUR CHILD.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!!! I would Never do that. I live in MD, my BD lives in TX. A court order states he has resonable visitation. He can come see her whenever he wants, but I would never send her to see him without me being present. I don't trust the situation. I'd probably give myself an ulser worrying over it. IMO, But I hope he returns him and he's just trying to piss you off and you should get something in writing before next time, if you don't already. GL
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 12:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2008