Just need to vent..

I know it may be the hormones, but I am annoyed at what my SS did. He left his tv on in his room when he knows he's supposed to turn it off when he isn't in his room. He went outside without shoes on, yet again, he knows he's supposed to put shoes on when he goes outside. And what does he do? He pees outside.. Instead of walking to the bathroom. The bathroom is right there by his room and he decides to walk through the house and go outside without shoes and pee.. What's worse is my DH decides to give him ice cream after he already had a piece of candy. Just because a few hours ago, he said he wanted ice cream..
I think that's about it. Thanks for reading.

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sorry but I don't see the big deal. Boys do this. I'd talk to dad about the sweets though telling him how much dental bills can be. How old is he? Why can't the adults turn off his tv if he falls asleep or turn the timer on so it shuts off by itself. There are ways to reduce your stress over this. Just chill.
    Anonymous

• I'd tell your husband how much it bothers you. I don't think its just hormones. Maybe you should make rules and put them on paper for your ss to see. make sure you and your husband both tell him about them. I don't know about the relationship you have with your ss but maybe you could have him sign an agreement to follow the rules and lay out the punishments if they are broken. My grandparents raised my brothers and me and she wrote up agreements for all of us to sign. We couldn't argue about the rules because we had already signed the agreement.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 3:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I'm pregnant and hormonal.. So go figure.. And what's worse, DH is stupid and doesn't know how to parent.. He wasn't asleep, he was awake and he left the tv on that is in his room. The rule is that he turns his tv off when he leaves his room.
    Yes, I realize there are stress reducers.. As of right now I am slowly winding down. I just get tired of the same things repeating. Stealing diapers, not putting his shoes on when he goes outside, not turning his tv off.. etc.. Its just annoying having to tell him a thousand times. And that's just it, he should get it by now..
    He is five, but my 1 year old uses his brain more.. I.E. My son actually knows how to pick up after himself whereas my SS doesn't. Same thing with shoes and going outside.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Didn't you say you just needed to vent. I think you should be allowed to do that.
    mamamel61

Answer by mamamel61 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• @ anthony's_mom: I like your idea, but it wouldn't work out. I would be the one writing things out and doing all the work. Then DH would just complain because I'm too strict for him. There's a reason for it. My SS needs lots of discipline and I'm the only one that will do it. His mom tries, but she just isn't strict enough. DH just doesn't even try. I will be strict with my child once he is old enough to understand rules. Hell, he already knows the things that aren't supposed to be touched and so on. So in a way, my son is already figuring out the rules.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• @ mamamel61: yes, I need to vent. advice is good as well I guess lol. And this little thing here is helping bit by bit to make my blood stop boiling.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things =) Hope you feel better, I know all about the wonderfulness of hormones haha!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• He's 5, was he gonna go back into the room after he pee'd outside, which isn't that big of deal I think it's a boy/guy thing. Maybe dad is a little more laid back cause you are so strict, yes you have rules but expecting a five year old to remember rules and such at 2 houses all the time is asking to much. If you are tired of repeating yourself don't have more kids cause it will never change, not even as a teenager.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• lol I don't plan on having more kids. The house is already too crowded for my liking.. Either way, yes, I get he's five, but at the same time, he knows what he is and isn't supposed to do. He just thinks he can get away with whatever he wants because DH doesn't get a crap about rules at all.
    Other than that, I've cooled down. And now my SS has gone to torture his aunt. And I say torture because she has a 1 month old with colic and has little patience right now because of it.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011