What would you do if..

Your SO and father of your child said the fact the child is sick isn't there problem when you ask them to bring you and the child to the doctor?

I left him..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Noone said it was his problem that the child is sick....the fact is the child is sick and needs to be seen by a doctor. Unless he is unable to get off of work, fears losing his job/pay for the day, than he should atleast try and go with you to the doctor.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I believe you did the right thing, you also should have hit him in the head with a frying pan in hopes of knocking some sense into him!
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I would be laughing at him while he called HIS doctor to get my foot surgically removed from his butt. I would not tolerate it at all...
    wyldflowrr_6

Answer by wyldflowrr_6 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• honestly it depends. if it were my husband i would probably be mad and tell him about it later. if it were my boyfriend i would probably be mad and leave him alone for a while so he could get a clue. if he is an ex and the father of my child probably nothing, just not disclose anything else to him unless he asked.
    AnitaB27

Answer by AnitaB27 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I asked him at 10am, he didn't have to work until 4pm. The appointment was at 11am. Thankfully it was nice out so I walked. He has no excuse not to take us.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• had*
    Anonymous

• I say you did the right thing. He clearly doesn't care about his child so why would waste your time caring about him.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• you did the right thing, keep walking and do not look back.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• So you are seperated from him? And you asked him to give you a ride to the doctor? And he refused to do it? Next time he want to see his child or keep the child for the weekend. Say no.

Answer by louise2 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Well Good for you, he is the father and is 50% responsible for the baby as you are and the nerve of him to say it's your problem, I think I would have left too and unless he is willing to help you then I wouldn't come back.
    He is all about himself and there is more to a relationship outside of the sex....Good luck
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011