Do you think the world would be a better place if we had a woman president?

A woman has actual emotion and understands on a deeper level!

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Entertainment

• I think its time to find out. We've come a long way baby! Other countries have women running them, the U.S. is behind the times.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Don't get me wrong, I am not racist. I don't care about the color of your skin or your background.

Society still cannot see past skin color. Sadly, we have had many white presidents that didn't do us any good.

Some will say that the current president is terrible because of skin color when there were many white presidents that couldn't do any better and didn't. Until we can see ourselves as a collective whole and stop fighting within ourselves, we cannot have an effective government.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Honestly, It does not matter the gender this problem was created a long time ago and its going to take a while to get out of it no matter the gender.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• We need a responsible president...male or female, black, white, hispanic, asian....doesn't matter. We just need someone with common sense and empathy, not a hothead like Bush, and not a wienie like Obama.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I don't think our society is ready for a wman president any more than they were ready for a black president.

While women do have deeper emotion, they have to really take that out of the equation. Acting on emotion can be dangerous especially in the case of the president. it has to be about the correct reaction to the issues at hand...that really has nothing to do with emotion...oh, don't get me wrong, they can feel empathy and even sympathy for others but they cannot and should not act on emotion.

Cafemom is a perfect example of what emotion can get you into.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

What does being black have to do with anything?
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Well said, Jademom07!

That a candidate is a women or man has nothing to do with his/her ability to do the job well. I vote based on what the person has done, what they say they will do, and what I can glean from their past performance regarding the likelihood that they will do (or at least try to do) what they promise.

And again, this question is in the wrong category. Politics is NOT entertainment...maybe that's part of our (the US) problem, too many people don't seem to know the difference.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Depends on the woman. There are plenty of women, just like men, I would NOT want to see as president and others women, like men, who would do a great job.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I personally don't really know, I have had women bosses and it is actually worse. Emotions get too involved and women are so competitive. I think it depends on what qualifications a person has, regardless of gender. I prefer a woman doctor but I prefer a male boss.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011