Positive test then fade to negative!!?

Well I haven't had a period since Feb 15th. It's normal for me to be late so I didn't think anything of it. Today i took a test 4-9-11. The EPT kind. Right when I took it there was a positive. Then about 1-2 mins later it faded away to negative. I don't know how to take it? I've heard of evaporation lines but they don't appear till after like 5-10 mins. I plan to take another one if my period doesn't show but i was just wondering if someone went threw the same thing and what you think.

usgdancer

Asked by usgdancer at 4:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Follow the directions; if it says "wait 2 minutes" before reading the result, than don't even LOOK until then. I generally run out of the room and wait LOL. After a certain amount of time though, they can change, that's why it says so specifically.
    Good luck!
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 4:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If it faded after only a couple of minutes it was more than likely just the dye running through the test strip. Sometimes as the dye passes over the result window it can kind of illuminate the positive line making it look positive for a minute. They say that a true positive will show for at least 48 hours. I would wait a few days and take another one with first morning urine. Wait until 2-3 minutes after you have peed on the test to look at it. If there is a positive result that doesn't fade in the 10 minute time limit, then throw it away and make an appointment with an OB assuming you are pregnant.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• i would wait a week and take another one, dont look for 2 minutes.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 5:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011