Merle' question needs repeating.

Is the best of the free life behind us now? Are the good times really over for good? Seems we are at a point in time when this song reads more true than when it was written.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The sooner we get the progressives out of the gov't the sooner the 'free life' will begin to come our of hiding.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Merle? As in Haggard?
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 5:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It sure feels like the good life is over. It gets harder and harder it seems. Gas is up, so are groceries, utilities, property taxes. And everything in between.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• wow..very pessimistic today.....
    Trump must think otherwise, he just invested 6 mil in a winery and estate in VA. I'll go with Trump's thinking about the future.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Merle? As in Haggard?

Yep
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• wow..very pessimistic today.....

Thats because he knows getting shit faced is all that will soon be left. Reality avoidance.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I love Merle, but my life is definitely getting better yearly. With God, self control and wisdom, upward andf forward is the only way for us. I wish others could have the same. But then, we'd have to go back to that Equality question......lol
    Maybe cause I'm on my way to 45 and we've spent 21 years living modestly and quietly, and learning from the experts. I never intended for my life to suck, with all the many Blessings it never has. I count it all Joy even in the hard times and willingly accept Beauty for Ashes anytime. Here's a prayer for all of those who believe they have control, and have not yet learned to surrender all.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• The Great Depression Song " Brother, Can You Spare a Dime ? " is one I always remember ( not that I was around then .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• King of The Road is another song. It is about a hobo. Which we will all be if things keep going the way they are!!!!! LOL LOL
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Not yet Carpy, I have seen worse. This is the worst president I have seen, but not the worst times in my 82 years.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 10, 2011