what can i give my 1 month old to help her poo

my 1 month old cant poo what cant i give her

heatheamomof2

Asked by heatheamomof2 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• kayro syrup in her milk I ( about one table spoon)
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Is she breastfed or formula fed? How long has it been since her last poop? Any signs of constipation? (hard poop, gas, straining or discomfort)
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• You may not need to give her anything. Sometimes, babies this age will go a few days without a movement. I'd ask the same questions BlueFrogMama did...
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 10:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• they tell you not to give a child gerba baby juice but i have 4 kids.....and i just had my youngest one and i gave her baby gerber applle juice and she did her buisness.lol..or just keep giving her/him water
    chefmom24

Answer by chefmom24 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Don't worry about it.
    Anonymous

• You can always check with the MD first, but a little bit of gerber apple-prune juice should do the trick. I also agree with have2travel that sometimes kids can go a few days without pooping and that is normal. Just make sure you keep her hydrated well. Keeping her active can help move things along; as well as taking their temp (rectally). Some peds might even suggest a baby suppository.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• You can use water or prune juice mixed with water (half and half). The prune juice works wonders but babies don't like the taste of it.
    MamaslilAngels2

Answer by MamaslilAngels2 at 11:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my i month old had the same problem. i gave her dark karo syurp, only one tablespoon, twice a day, and it works! its the best thing to use.
    jaydensmommy_08

Answer by jaydensmommy_08 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• DO NOT GIVE KARO syrup! On their own website they warn against botulism. You can try swabbing a baby thermometer with a little KY and inserting it into her rectum, this sometimes starts off the pooping sensation.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:38 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• DO NOT USE KAYRO SYURP. It was not made nor is it meant for babies, it can hurt a baby. Dont use prune juice either, juice is for toddlers. My daughter couldn't poo very well for five months and my doc who is way over qualified to be a pediatrician, he was a neonatal doc, but now he's like 80 so he has his own practice. Anyway if she is on formula and its hard or she is doing a lot of pushing a bottle may have not been shaken enough. I did this the first time on powered formula. If the second day of no poo, try jar prunes. Ask your doc first. It's meant for 3 month, but as long as your not giving it to her everyday it should be fine.
    MsJaci

Answer by MsJaci at 1:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2008