Mom,mom..mommy,mommy..Ma..mamma..MOMMMMYY!!!!

So my son has started the stewie thing..it makes me crazy! i dont ignore him..but i think he does it just to get on my nerves..because ill ask him what he wants and he smiles at me and continues with what hes doing..anyone else dealing with this?

AydensMommy1109

Asked by AydensMommy1109 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd do it to him except say his name and do the same.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My son does that to! Most of the time I think it is adorable! What is funny our last name is Griffin and my husband used to tease me when I was pregnant that he was going to name him stewie :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• you're not alone my two year old does the same thing but he's also heard other people call us by our names so he'll yell threw the mom, mom, mommy, ma stage and then start in with our actual name... but it's not just mommy it's also daddy to ... i think it's just stage they go threw
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My 2 year old is doing that too. He will yell it as loud as he can sometimes even if I'm sitting right next to him. I usually keep saying "Devon" back to him over and over again. Sometimes he gets tired of me calling him a million times and will stop and other times he thinks it's a fun fun game and laughs hysterically!
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Both my kids did the same thing up untill about a month ago, i started saying there names over and over and over, they got really irritated and it finally stopped! LOL
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 7:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My 3.5 year old does it. When he does, I'll say his name over and over in hopes of showing him how irritating it can be, but he just thinks it's funny.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2011