Advice? Help? please, I'm so confused

Igot divorced a year and a half ago. 6 months ago I started dating this great guy, and last night I tried to break up with him?! I've just been so scared to let myself fall in love with him and now I am and he's been around my son, but not enough to get attached, I'm just terrified of him breaking my heart and my son's the way my ex did...I can't go through that again :(. Now part of me wants out NOW before it goes any further, before it can really hurt. So anyways last night, I kind of freaked out and started crying and told him I wasn't sure if I could do this anymore and almost left, he would have let me, it was midnight and I was tired and I didn't. And now I'm afraid that I really f***ed things up by being a crazy little brat last night. IDK what to do? I'm just so afraid, and I love him, and this sucks

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Let him know how you're feeling.. He'll either decide to comfort you and reassure you that he won't be that guy or he'll be a d*ck and leave. Better to get it all out there in the beginning than to end it without ever knowing or to find out later that it isn't gonna work because of it.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• So why not share your fears with him?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• If it were me, I would have a true heart to heart with him and this fear. I would put the "ball in his court" He either leaves, which means it was not meant to be or he'll help you thru this and ease your pain. I wish you luck either way :)
    wyldflowrr_6

Answer by wyldflowrr_6 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• You know every women has been hurt or will be hurt by someone is common. I know you have been hurt but you know life goes on and you need to move on and don't compare this man to your ex. He wouldn't appreciate it and if he was not a good guy you wouldn't be with him now.
    Love hurts in general but it is a part of life and we all go through it or you can choose the alternative and date multiple men so you don't get attached but what will your son think of you and how would you feel about yourself. I f you really Love him, give him a chance don't run him off, good men are hard to find. Maybe you need to get counciling for yourself to help you through this hard time...Good luck
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Oh hun, I was where you are about 2 years ago and I know how you are feeling. I am dating an awesome man and never knew life could be so great however there are times when I back away thinking it would be best to break up because I don't want to be hurt either but then I think I deserve to be happy and so does my daughter and I wouldn't want to do anything that I may regret later and with counseling I have found the strength to put aside my fears of being hurt because you must need to realize that not every relationship ends up badly. Good luck and hugs!!
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• All i can say is if he is the one for you he will understand how you feel. He will want to show you he is there for you and that he cares for you and your son. If he is the one he will want to make you feel good and happy. Good luck.
    AnitaB27

Answer by AnitaB27 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Talk to him about why you acted the way you did last night.. My ex broke my heart and I met my current hubby and I was so scared to get close to him because of the pain I was in before. But after I talked to him about it we seem to understand one another.u
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Just take your time; don't rush this relationship. Enjoy the good of it without getting caught up in making it permanent. Allow yourself all the time you need to heal from your first marriage.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• u should give him a try..cause remember just cause one guy is an asshole doesnt mean they represent all of them=] keep that in mind...cause for me i jus gave up on evrything till i met my now boyfriend father of my child i jus couldnt do it and was scared bt iat the end it was all worth it=]] go for it!!
    sindysophia

Answer by sindysophia at 6:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011