i woke up with a belly...true or false?

Alright...i hear all the time "Well, i just sorta woke up and my belly was huge"

please..it doesnt really grow THAT fast over night does it? i mean...it doesnt sound normal....

does it really grow "over night" or "over a period of time"??

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 10:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Over a period of time, but I have woke up and have had a huge belly.

It seems that how baby is laying is how big you may be in the morning.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I think they probably mean that they just don't notice it much until it was like "BOOM!"... that's what I'd say. It does grow over time, it doesn't just happen
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• To be honest........my first pregnancy i lost a lot of weight and was not showing at all. I constantly got comments on how i was loosing so much weight. Then on spring break out of no where someone came up to me and commented on me expecting, and after that everyone was amazed that i was pregnant. I was 7 months along at that time. So yeah, mine kind of popped up over night.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 10:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I do believe that too. It's as though they and you hit a growth spurt and all of a sudden your tummy feels and looks larger than it did what seems only hours before.
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• it grows over time, but it feels like one morning you wake up and its huge! it happened to me, i knew i was getting bigger, but one morning i tried to get out of bed and it was a little more difficult than usual, and when i looked in the morning you just have the "holy cow im really pregnant" thought.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I think it's more of a figure of speech. There is a certain point where it seems like it just got huge all of a sudden.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• when i was 3 months i kept hoping i'd wake up with a belly lol its more of a figure of speech. around the 5th month is when the baby really starts to grow and u start to show a lot more. also someting i've heard is that ur bowels cn make ur belly seem big, like if u hve to take a bowel movement, or if u ate a lot and ur stomach is full it makes ur belly look bigger. some mornings i wake up and my belly is really small and then when i eat it looks bigger. so maybe if u never noticed u were really starting to show u can wak up one morning and it just really seems to be there but it did grow slowly
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• yeahh i think its more of a figure of speech... when you just realize it suddenly.

also, the baby sometimes sits differently and there was one time that my stomach was the BIGGEST its ever been....so maybe thats what they mean lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• ITS A PERIOD OF TIME BUT YA WHEN I TURNED 8 MONTHS I POPPED OUT OVER NIGHT LITERALLY. NOT EXACTLY ON MY 8 MO BUT IT WAS A FEW DAYS AROUND. THE BABY JUST MOVED AND I LOOKED SO MUCH BIGGER AND HE STAYED THERE.
    MY STOMACH GOT HARDER ALSO.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:51 PM on Dec. 1, 2008