What is your first thought when your kid/kids get quiet?

I was cleaning and all of a sudden I realized it was quiet! My first thought was uh oh! I went into the living room to see what the quiet was all about. I found my 2 year old sitting in the corner looking up at me and pointing to his stomach and proudly saying "tattoo tattoo!" He has got a black permanent marker and had colored "tattoos" all over his belly. I couldn't help but smile :)

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh crap. What have they gotten into.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I need to check on him, lol
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I think Oh No!! they are up to something when it gets quiet.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Their doing something wrong, and I go to see what they are doing. (I have grandkids living with me)

Answer by louise2 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• lol. I think every parent knows a quiet kid equals a misbehaving kid!

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• that he's sick.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Always think they are doing something bad, then check to make sure they are asleep and try to take a nap too.
    monstersmom361

Answer by monstersmom361 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• the first thought that always run's threw my mind is "what are you up to?" then follows the go check to see what they are up to most of the time he's just quiet watching tv then other times he's sleeping then i try to too
    proudmommy_0811

Answer by proudmommy_0811 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have twin boys who are 16 months old and when i dont hear them i know something is up. I am a smoker and go outside to smoke when i dont hear them i know im in for it when i go back in... i have came in and found them in their bedroom with an entire box of cereal dumped in the floor and they were just smiling and eating it... ive came in with every diaper i had on the floor everywhere and every wipe pulled out of the box one at a time and shredded everywhere.. ive came in to them with my computer mouse and keyboard in the floor being chewed on!!! All of this is sooo aggravating but so funny i cant help but laugh.. they like it when i go outside to smoke because they get into everything they know they cant usually mess with!!! They are just too smart.
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 6:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• That she is doing something she doesnt have any business doing lol...time to go check on her....usually I'm right lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2011