Cherry Red hair

Ok so in the past I have used the product loreal hi color highlights to make my hair re, like stop sign red. I love this product as it requires NO BLEACHING and is made for dark hair ONLY! So I was surfing youtube because I am going to go red again and this chick used the loreal product in magenta and added some Manic Panic color in vampire red to brighten it up. Now does that actually work? Because last I checked Manic Panic required bleached hair... Also including a picture to get personal opinions if it's gonna look good. Sorry for some reason my computer won't let me turn the pictures right side up lol!

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 4:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• my question is what is wrong with your hair now?!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• MP is only a semi-permanent color or stain..that's why it requires pre-bleaching, and then, you must reapply after every shampoo (in general). that said, i'd be curious is she added the MP to the Loreal color, prior to application..or if she used it after application/processing, to boost the overall effect.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• also, 'magenta' would probably be more pinkish in tone, not red.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Your hair is pretty now. But you Really DONT have to have bleached hair for it to help other color. It will work to brighten the color up. Having bleached hair helps the color to be bright, but wont hurt a darker shade.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• the MP product was added before any product touched her hair
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with my hair now, I just like to have more color in my life :)
    rhanford

• so vbruno I can add MP to the hicolor product and it will aid it?
    rhanford

• Manic Panic is only temporary but it lasts about a month, gradually fading with each shampoo. Do NOT mix hair coloring products!! You will never know what the different chemicals used in each will do to your hair! You can always apply it afterwards to boost the color. I also want to say that you do not have to prebleach your hair with Manic Panic. It is pretty good at showing up on any hair color!! I think you would look awesome with blood red hair.. I personally like my hair to be red or black. =) Good luck in your hair color adventure and don't forget to add another pic if you do it!!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I mean.. cherry red hair.. srys
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 4:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• LOL ok so the only option I have is to do my hair in Red from the Loreal colors then afterwards add manic panic for how long you think?
    rhanford

Comment by rhanford (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011