Starting a Day Care

I am going to be starting child care in my home this coming summer and am looking for advice from Mom's on what you would look for in someone's home...besides the obvious safety and it being clean....

john2007

Asked by john2007 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Pets, are the friendly? Is there to many for my comfort? How much contact will my child have?
    Transportation, How often will my child be in the car? DO I have to provide the seat?
    meals, Are the provided? If so, What kind? Are the balanced?
    How many kids total? Is to too many for my comfort? ( I personally wanted to see not more than 5 total including hers)
    schedule, Is there one? Is it flexible? How much input to I have on my child's routine? (I wanted some say)
    Is there a connection? DO I feel comfortable with this person?
    Is this a home style or daycare style facility. ( I personal wanted a home situation NOT lessons and circle time. )
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• What kind of activities do you do with them. (finger painting, drawing, coloring, taking them outside to play) What is the daily schedual, what do you serve for meals? Most importantly, do my kids like you, are they comfortable with you the first or second time they see you. how many kids do you have?are you CPR certified.
    and ALl the things But Mommie said!
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 7:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• great questions/tips, Ladies! i've thought of all of the above and I think I'm ready! I just hope that the kids and I connect and I can start my business!!! :-)
    john2007

Comment by john2007 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011