Irresponsible Pet Owners

A friend of dh's cat just died. She was starved.According to her. The friend thought her dh was feeding the cat and her dh thought she was feeding her. The cat was a very fluffy cat.

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 4:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pets

• Poor cat. :( Has the humane society been called?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Neither of them looked at the cat dish? and saw it was empty? I have a Yorkie and if I see her dish is empty I give her food and same with dh...there is no excuse other then not paying attention or even giving a damm
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Poor kitty! How hard can it be to say to your spouse "hey,did you feed the cat today?" or look at the dish and see it is empty,. I have 2 cats (who eat dry cat food) and I check the bowl each day to see how full it is and if I need to put more in.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Those people should have cruelty charges against them!!! How stupid r they??? Damn!!! That cat did not have to die!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• What a couple of negligent idiots. That really pisses me off--how do you not realize your animal is STARVING to death? It would have been going crazy at first, meowing and begging to be fed...then it would have become listless...at the very least, they would have thought the cat was ill.
    How utterly moronic and out of touch with your life do you have to be to starve your own pet to death?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• They should not be able to have any more pets!!! They should not have kids either!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• WOW! your husband's friend & his wife are Jerk-Offs! They should be charged for Cruelty to Animals! i don't understand how something like that could even happen........... WOW!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I definitely think Animal Control should be involved in this! How can they not know the cat wasn 't being fed. That's just ridiculous.
    toykeymama

Answer by toykeymama at 7:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Wouldn't you notice your cat starving? This was definitely no accident

anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 7:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Wow~that is pretty pathetic~~Hope they don't have any other animals
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 9:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2011