Do you do the google test?

By that I mean type in the name you have picked out to see what comes up?

I did that with each of my kids names and I just did it with the name we chose for the baby... I came across a little girl with the same first and middle name (Vanessa Skye) who was beat to death by her father. It was pretty sad =( I also came across a very talented sci-fi artist with the same name.. Which to me is pretty cool.. =) Nothing else other than facebook pages for the rest of the results. I think we picked another pretty decent name (as far as google results go). Lol.

bdflykisses

Asked by bdflykisses at 4:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Baby Names

• Nope, I've never did that.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have never done it but I am kind of interested to see now...
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Nope but I will now!
    babyblue7990

Answer by babyblue7990 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have never done that, but I'm going to now
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 2:10 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I am so glad I'm not alone! DD will be 5 in a couple weeks, and a few months back I google searched her first and middle name and found another little girl named August Ruth the next state over. Granted I took it one step further and found her parents blog and had to email and ask how they picked that name, I mean really what're the odds. I found a couple facebook pages as well. I am going to have to go do this with the baby names we've narrowed our June 11 baby down to.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 7:30 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I do. I also post in Answers to see what random strangers will think when they hear a name. (Not a determining factor, but it has definitely brought up things to consider.) I also have to look up the meaning to make sure it doesn't mean anything like "little monster" or something.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 2:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• If I knew my YDS was gonna be the way that he is, I would've named him something that meant "little monster" LOL. I look up the name meanings too, but I always check google.. My last name is very uncommon so I usually only check first and middle.
    bdflykisses

Comment by bdflykisses (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No, but now I am curious and going to check it out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Never heard of that before but now I'm going to have to go check it out just for fun
    Jamie-Leigh

Answer by Jamie-Leigh at 11:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I did it for fun but never heard of that before
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2011