Water breaking

So when your water breaks did it come out all at once or was it trickling

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 4:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• From what I understand it can be either one. But I don't know cuz doc broke mine. I was being induced. This time I hope to go into labor naturally. I'll tell ya in a few weeks! lol
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• mine trickled. i thought i peed lol.
    anthonys_mom21

Answer by anthonys_mom21 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It felt like I started my period...like I couldn't control it, and it trickled....for like 3 minutes....

So, I took a shower and put on a pad and went to the hospital lol
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Just so you know, only about 15% of women's water breaks on their own. And most of the time it's a trickle. With both of my kids, the doctor had to break mine,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Mine trickled out......not a gush or anything
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• It trickles.
    Daphnee925

Answer by Daphnee925 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I love how in movies they make it look like it's this huge gush of water and then you are instantly screaming and ready to push lol. Hollywood is so fake! I had my water broken by the doctor both times as well but I have heard from friends that when they're water broke (on its own) it was a trickle that would give a small gush every now and then when they switched positions or walked.
    Missalissa86

Answer by Missalissa86 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• its diffrent for everyone, mine broke in small trickles, i remember being really freaked out, saying... "ummmm, im not peeing!!!" with my first one, the second time, i was sleeping and i woke up thinking i peed myself... till i went to the bathroom and it was trickling out, then i realized what was going on.. i wasnt expecting it becaue i never noticed my plug come out either time, and both my kids were premiture.
    dfwhite

Answer by dfwhite at 5:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My water broke as the sign I needed to go to the hospital for both of my pregnancies. The first time, it just trickled. I thought I was peeing a bit. Then I realized what it was.
    The second time I heard and felt a pop and a huge gush of water came bursting out. It was like freaking Niagra Falls. I was completely soaked and a huge puddle of fluid was on the floor at my feet.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Either or.

I have had both.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011