If good works won’t get you into heaven, would you want to know what would?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sure, what do you think gets you to heaven?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• No. Personally I don't believe in Heaven or Hell.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 5:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Believe in Jesus and put your faith in Him. See Ephesians 2:8-10 (chapter 2, verses 8 through 10).
    Repent of your sins. (See Acts 17:30,31.)
    Confess Jesus as Lord to someone. (See Matthew 10:32,33 and Romans 10:9,10.)
    Be baptized. (See Acts 2:38,39
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 5:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Go figure
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I agree with you 35oamom! All except for the baptism part. You do not have to be baptized to go to heaven.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• The bible say that if you confess your sins you are born again.we are sinners save by Grace and it is good to serve God but it wont get in into heaven only salvation is the key to Heaven. The A.B.C of faith ask believe and confess. The bible say that every knee shall bow and every tounge confess that Jesus is Lord.
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Honestly, I don't believe anything "gets" us into heaven, since I believe it's a given that we all go there, but even if I believed God somehow differentiated us into "in" and the "out" crowds, I would prefer He be a righteous, considerate Being Who would weigh the good one does in one's life with more value than whether or not one believed a certain way, especially knowing the way that how one is raised influences so greatly what one may come to believe as one grows older. I would *rather* He be a God who judges us off of our works than our beliefs or the doctrine which we hold. I cannot believe in a God who would judge any other way, for to do so would be uncaring and unrighteous - things I cannot believe God to be. I believe He is a God of love, compassion, and understanding, of infinite grace and righteousness. I believe He lives up to His commands to love and forgive infinitely and unconditionally...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Thanks but I already KNOW how to get to heaven. By accepting Jesus as my Lord, Savior and Redeemer.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Don't care, I don't believe in heaven anyways
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Wow have you read about the goats and sheep? Or how about faith without works is dead? Salvation is on going, not a one time thing. Through our thoughts, words and deeds. In one second we can lose it only to get it back in the next.
    daps

Answer by daps at 6:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2011