How can I get my baby to sleep in his crib but still have him elevated?

He has reflux so he can't sleep lying flat on his back. I have a little positioner that's supposed to elevate him but it isn't high enough. Do they make ones that elevate them more? He's been sleeping in his swing but he's 4 mos. now and is getting too big. Is there a way I can keep him elevated in the crib? I've heard of putting towels or blankets underneath one side of the mattress but I'm afraid he'll just keep sliding to the other end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can elevate the one side of the crib..(don't ask me how) or i (which was probably not advisable) put a pillow underneath a blanket and laid him on that.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 10:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I stuck a thick book underneath my daughter's mattress. I thought she would roll to one side, but she did fine. Good luck!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 10:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I use a pillow with my son too but he won't sleep without it, even though he moves so much in his sleep and ends up at the other end of the crib facing the opposite direction. I've heard of putting books under the legs on one side just be careful not to bump it off.
    Anonymous

• i put rolled up towels under the mattress on one end when my son had a head cold and was having trouble sleeping due to congestion. it seemed to help, but only really provides slight elevation...not sure how much is needed to combat reflux.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 11:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• u could try to buy a swing or a bouncer thing thats for bigger babies, or even maybe sleeping in his car seat. dont know how comfortable that is but at least its elevated
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• they make sleep positioners specifically for reflux babies. they're wedges that you strap your baby onto, so they can't slide down. they also have what looks like a swing, but it's like a free standing bassinet. i'm not sure what the age limit is on it. i don't know name brands. if i were you, i'd google "reflux baby sleeping" or a similar combination of key words and see what you can find.

my son has reflux, but i just put folded towels under one side of the crib mattress. i don't recall ever having a problem w/him sliding.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 12:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2008