What is the best approach for this kind of situation?

My Dh dislikes our first daughter. she's just five years old. he ignores her,spank her on the slightest provocation or mistake, yell at her,if she comes close to him, he would push her away or would shout get away! get away! When he returns from work, the other kids would come to him and he would hug them all except her. if his cellphone or things drops from his pocket if our dd picked it for him, he would snap at her to drop it. I can recall when she was 18 months,I asked him to help feed her(then she was sick and couldn't eat much) he was so mad with her for not swallowing the food fast enough and pushed her down from the high chair! she tries to win his love by doing all sort of things like helping in the house,doing well in the school, arranging his things etc but instead she would receive scolding! I'm not comfy with the situation and I have really complained about it, he refused to change his attitude. I told my dd that daddy hates her and that she should forget about him! she can't stay in the same room with her dad if I'm not there, the other kids would be playing with dad but she would stay with me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• your husband is an abusive jerk and you should leave him immediately...no kidding... there is something wrong with him... maybe he thinks she's not his... either way..he's dangerous...and you should love your kids enough to keep them outta danger...which means leaving him and getting a restraining order. This isn't normal or acceptable.
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 5:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• He has a BIG problem. Why dont YOU withhold ALL affection from him to show him how it feel to be treated like that?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• and why would you screw up your daughter by telling her that daddy hates her? now you've guaranteed she'll need therapy...what's wrong with you?
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 5:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• He would be on the street with his crap on the curb. That is unforgivable.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Is this for real?? What is wrong with him?????? I would never let my husband treat my child that way. Why did you ever have more kids with him. Sorry, but this is outrageous!!! And I hope it's a troll.................
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Uhm I could be crazy but you need to take your kids a leave that situation it is not fair to the child that is being abused These are the 6y/o who wind up in my ED DOA with no real good reason but a mom with dirty hands who shows up trying to make excuses.. No excuse leave the situation before your DD suffers anymore
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 5:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• leave him any dad that's singles out one of HIS children is not worth being with . is she his bio daughter ? also never tell a kid daddy hates her it will make her feel unloved no matter how horrible that person is don't tell her the truth

if you want to stay will im tell him to get some councling and help

also if there a question of if he his or not causing the prob have a test dune

ask dh to spend one on one time with dd and  he not allowed to be horrible to her in the hope he will bond

at the end f the day if he will not change you need to take dd away from there

feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• The best approach is to leave his abusive sorry ass and find a therapist for your daughter!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• What is wrong with you!! You are her mother and YOU are supposed to protect her!! Which means keep her aways from ANYONE that would harm her verbally or physically. WHY THE HELL would you tell her that her Daddy hates her?!?! What the hell is wrong with you???
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• is she the only girl ? dose your hubby think she is not his ? have you asked him why ?
    really i am trying to understnad why you stayed with him and how to help
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011