My kid is drivin me up a ^*&#*% wall! PLEASE HELP!

she is literally driving me to insanity! she's hitting her sister, she won't sit still, she won't watch tv, she won't play with her toys, she's throwing things at me, she's throwing things in general, discipline is not working, she's pulling everything out even after i pick it up, I GIVE UP!!!!!!! I JUST GIVE UP!!!!!!!!

I am at my whits end with her, seriously! she has made me think twice about why i had kids in the first place, i'm ready to run away, she NEVER listens!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is the weather bad so you can't take her out? if you have to stay in, I'd play an exercise game to wear her out... put all her toys away...keep the other kids away for a bit..and tell lets see who can run in place the longest...
    goodi2shooz

Answer by goodi2shooz at 5:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Maybe she wants your attention.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Maybe she just wants you to play with her, play dress up or hide and seek with her
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Girl, I feel your pain. We have had my 5 year old and 3 year old granddaughters since this time yesterday. They are to the point they don't want to mind, don't want to sit still, or do anything. I just had to get onto the 5 year old for going through my recipe box. But, their problem is they are bored,and want to go home. They haven't seen their folks since yesterday morning.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• make her stand in a corner for a few minutes and if she gets mean or says no make her anyway and tell her thats extra time tell her you are the boss and she will listen if you have to make her stand there for an hour good luck.
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 5:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• She probably needs some positive attention. get on the floor and play with her. Make sure each child is getting one on one time with you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• I have those moments with my son (19 months) and I have to sit and play with him b/c I gotta get in a better mood. If they know they're pushin our buttons then we're definitely screwed. I usually shut off the TV and we go in his room and play with his toys in there. He doesn't spend a lot of time in there so its like a toyland (lol). Also we go out in the yard and collect rocks to wear him out. Maybe she'd like to pick flowers or something. Sometimes spending 5 minutes tickeling is fun too :) Good luck! I feel your pain!
    armywife227

Answer by armywife227 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My 22 month old is the same way a lot she does that when she's trying to get attention. And I do the opposite , I put mine in a playpen for time out with no toys etc, gives her a chance to settle down and me a breather. Try your own adaptation of this and good luck.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• this is a regular in my house too...im sorry i hate these moments and question why I had kids at times too:( I choose not to reward this behavoir...when mine starts spitting nails I leave her alone with no mommy time until she apologizes and acts like a human again it may sound harsh but I dont want her to think if she acts like that mommys gonna get down and play with her. there are many other ways she can express the need for attention and she is slowly learning that...how else is she suppossed to learn other than experience?
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sounds like she is just bored and wants your attention. Try taking her for a walk or to the park. Try playing dress up or have a tea party if you can't go outside. Play hide and go seek, something that will be physical for her, not just sitting in front of a tv. The more stressed you get, the more stressed she will be and in turn she will act out. It is better for you to spend even just a few minutes at a time, with one on one attention and then go back to whatever you have to do then to get that frustrated.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2011