Walking

How old were your children when they started walking?? I have twin boys Dylan and Devin who are 16 months old and Dylan just started walking and i dont think ive ever been so happy! Please share your story with me about how old your child was when they started walking and how it made you feel. Thanks

19withtwins

Asked by 19withtwins at 5:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• my son was 13 months but he crused from 9 months and could have easly walked from 11 months it was like he was wating for something lol
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 5:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My oldest son was 8 months old when he started to walk. I was really happy
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 6:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My oldest was 14-15 months old
    My 2nd dd was 9 months old
    and my youngest is 13 months old and isn't walking yet, just cruising
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 6:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my oldest was 10 months old --- I was so proud and happy ( I guess a first time mom thing )
    my youngest was 10 and 1/2 to 11 months old -- I was happy and worried lol now I would have two to keep up with haha
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• my son was walking with furniture about 8 months and took off by himself a week before he turned 1
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• oldest was around 10 months - was so proud of him and kept encouraging him

youngest was 9 months, wanted to be able to keep up with his brother. - just as proud as when my first walked.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 11:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• My son was 10 months and I was so excited it was as if I had just learned to walk! lol My dd was a year before she was walking and boy or boy did that girl get into stuff, we started to call her crash because she could get to things and wreck them! and my other dd was 16 months and it was about time she started walking she was such a lazy girl who had her big bro and sis dote on her. All she would have to do was make a noise and they were on it, giving her anything she could possibly need and telling me that she needed her bum changed or she needed to be fed or something like that. It was funny but a great relief when she started to walk.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:33 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• 8 months..freaked me out. He looked too little.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:51 AM on Apr. 10, 2011

• #1 was 19.5 months old - we didn't think he was EVER going to walk. #2 was 17 months old. #3 is 17 months old and not walking yet.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 5:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thanks everyone!! Well one of my boys is walking now!!!! We are still working with my other one!!
    19withtwins

Comment by 19withtwins (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2011